We have a busy week coming up, so here’s all the information in one place for you:
It’s been approved, however they want us to do it in period 5 rather than period 2. More info on this below.
Here are the links to all the resources I’ve sent out over the past couple of weeks:
- Lyrics to memorize
- Choreography videos [ text/email/see me for the link – will not be posted publicly ]
- Scheduling/Draft Program (PDF) – including dress rehearsal schedule
- Costuming (PDF) – Costuming notes:
- For the matinee there will be no costume changes. Pick your favourite costume from the evening performance and wear it for the full matinee!
- There is no specific costume for the Gala Finale. Just keep on your most recent costume.
- Please take care during costume changes that you keep your articles of clothing all together to avoid lost items.
The “Where” and “When”
- Wednesday, May 1
- Come to the cafeteria at the beginning of period 5 for our dress rehearsal. You do not need to be in costume. Concert choir will be done by 3:00 at the latest. If you’re in other things, see the rehearsal schedule (found by clicking on the Scheduling/Draft Program link above)
- Thursday, May 2
- Period 2 – Final rehearsal in the cafeteria. This is the last chance to fix any last minute problems that occurred the evening prior. If you have a class period 2 that you absolutely can’t miss I can live with that, but please come if at all possible!
- 12:45pm (halfway through period 4) – Meet in the cafeteria to prepare for the matinee
- 1:30-2:30pm – Matinee performance
- 6:45pm – Arrive, drop costuming off in change rooms (down the tech hall – signs will be posted)
- 7:00pm – Warm-up in the vocal room
- 7:30pm – Gala begins. It will last approximately two hours. Following the Gala, everyone needs to stay for 15 minutes or so to help clean up.
- 10:15pm – Social at Moose Winooski’s on Bayfield Street (optional – parents responsible for transportation)
- $10 each, available online until April 30 (preferred purchase method). Tickets purchased online will be distributed to students at the dress rehearsal on May 1.
- Tickets can also be purchased in the music office by cash or cheque (made out to Eastview Secondary School), or at the door by cash.
I think that covers everything! If there’s any other questions please get in touch. Looking forward to next Thursday!